SkinCare Matters & Breastmilk: The Most Natural and Economical Way!
What’s your skincare regimen? I just finished freshening up for the night and realized that a lot of ladies like makeup, dressing up and looking nice.
With hairstyle, some ladies like to style their hair and some like to wash and wear.
With fashion, some like laid back ensembles and some like to dress up.
But what about skincare? While there are mommies who love makeup and some who simply put on some lip gloss and are all set to go out and face the world, at the end of the day, when you are about to rest, it is important for our pores to be able to breath too.
- After I take a shower in the morning, I put on moisturizer and sunscreen — whether I am going out or staying in.
- When I go out, I like to put on powder and depending on my mood or the occasion, I put on makeup. Sometimes I just do my eyebrows, put on blush and some lipstick and other times I make an effort to do my eyes. And I’m set for the day.*** Here’s a helpful tip from Mimi (my Mom) — NEVER touch or rub your eyes. Be gentle with the skin on your face especially those around your eyes. They are the most delicate and prone to wrinkles.
- Before I go to bed, it is important to freshen up. Meaning, remove all makeup GENTLY. Meaning, no rubbing and very minimal pressure on your face during the process, if any. The secret is not really a secret– use makeup remover.
- I use Eye Makeup remover for my eye makeup. I like to use a cotton square or round and put some on it and let it soak on my eye and gently wipe off. A couple of times on this and your eye makeup and mascara is completely removed. Effortlessly.
- I use cleansing cream for my face. I gently massage it on my face in small circular strokes and let it work its way in cleansing off the powder, foundation, etc. that I applied earlier. Wet a cotton round with clean water and wipe off. All those muck, clean. Effortlessly. Cleansing daily means less black heads, white heads and clogged pores. *** I have applied these since I started putting on makeup and this has personally worked for me. My classmates and friends have always asked how I “maintain” my skin.***
- Moisturize. I moisturize in the morning and evening. This helps your skin hydrate and heal during the night.
- Lastly, as a nursing mom, I get full benefits of BREASTMILK! Before bedtime, each night, I wet a cotton round/square with breastmilk and apply it on my face and neck as facemask and leave it on. Sometimes overnight. Breastmilk has natural anti-oxidants, Glutathione, antibacterial and cleansing properties and the like. Try it! It serves as my all in one evening moisturizer now while it lasts. You’ll feel your skin tighten and there’s a different glow 🙂 It’s FREE too!
A healthy diet and lots and lots of water, won’t only make you feel better; your milk flows better as well. Less clogs and plugs! I don’t have a strict diet, nor do I exercise regularly. But breastfeeding two and my daily routine keeps me up and about. Mainly, I eat fish, veggies and unlimited rice. I also love sweets but make sure to not over indulge! (I just had some dark belgian chocolate cake tonight hehe.)